- when your two boys, left home alone for a couple hours, tell you that they occupied their time by watching Rocky IV on Netflix, turning up the volume as loud as they could during Eye of the Tiger while jumping around the room, and then in a fit of pumped up macho-ness, both drank a raw egg from a glass.
Me: WHAT?! oh my gosh, gross!"
Cooper: "and then Blake said, "hit me with another one!"
- when you take your new junior higher down to his school the day before it begins to practice opening his locker... and after multiple failed attempts on his part, realize you can't figure it out either. So you have to call for backup: the new 9th grade big sister - who of course opens it on her first attempt and then shakes her head at you. Listen. It's been 18 years, ok? MOM'S A LITTLE RUSTY.
- when your new 2nd grader only makes it to the second day of school before being discovered by teacher as: "definitely the chattiest one of them all". (I wish I could say this came as a surprise to me.)
- when your dog wakes you up at 1:47 am by growling and barking out the french doors in your bedroom, and your husband's out of town, so you spend the next 15 minutes on high alert with your heart pounding out of your chest before finally taking a Tylenol PM even though you have to be up in 4 hours. YAWWNN. (But hey, everyone's still alive in the morning so... win.)
- when you come home to find this on your dining room table...
(But still kinda impressive, right? I thought it was Iron Man but Coop informed me it's a mannequin head for making fabric masks on. Ohhhhh.)
- when your husband comes home after being away for 5 days and your whole body instantly relaxes and you know you're finally going to sleep well that night.
- school night bedtimes for the kids and the quiet house that follows... ahhhhh.
- Fall produce fresh from your front yard.
- getting paid to help someone pack for a trip when you just offered to do it for fun! Why planning trip outfits and packing suitcases is enjoyable to me, I could not answer you, but it is, and yesterday I felt like a superwoman when I helped a sweet lady headed to France for three weeks pick out mixable outfits and accessories and fit them all easily into a carry-on suitcase, with room to spare. That's right, I'm pretty much a packing ninja!
- new sports adventures! Coop decided to try cross country this year and low-and-behold, he's pretty darn good at it!