1. When your husband offers to fix dinner, accept gladly, but be prepared for him to make 17 hamburger patties.
FOR YOUR FAMILY OF FIVE.
2. Peanut butter and bananas on toast NEVER loses its appeal.
3. Christmastime makes my living room look 80% better than it does the whole rest of the year.
4. And honestly, the same goes for the Christmas cards displayed on my kitchen cabinets.
Bring on the cards, friends.
5. When your daughter tries to talk you out of going to the doctor for her sore throat and has you convinced that you're wasting your time as she sings along to the radio the entire way there, keep reminding yourself that three of her cousins just had strep and it's better to check with a nurse on Friday than have to visit urgent care over the weekend.
Because YES. It's strep alright.