1. Kendall's piano teacher calling at 8:00 pm to reschedule a lesson for the following morning and after saying, "yes, that works perfect for us", promptly forgetting all about it and not showing up the next day. When we were at home doing nothing. Sometimes I suck at being a mom.
2. That moment when you realize you have just "overshared" in the most supreme way. This is known as the "awkward-doubler"... unfortunate for both parties involved!
3. Another doubler - when an unexpected visitor shows up at 6:30 in the evening and your children tell them that mommy and daddy are having "alone time in the bedroom". There is pretty much no way to save your dignity in an occasion like this, no matter how fast you jolt out of that room.
4. Attempting to save it anyway, only to be greeted with... "well that was bad timing on my part!" by said visitor. Okay, how about we ALL pretend nothing was going on, alright?!!
5. Please see #2 - I may have just repeated it.
1. My new phone. Yes, I'm still going on about it and I'm not ashamed. It rocks my socks.
2. Waffles with butter and powdered sugar instead of syrup. YUMMM.
3. Our weather lately. Low to mid-80's, clear skies, and minimum humidity; the perfect trifecta for sending your kids outside ALL. DAY. LONG.
4. Compliments from my husband, the best complimenter in the world. He is not one for generalization, but will go into great detail and make you feel 100% amazing. Example: after speaking at church last night (something I was really nervous about), Russ didn't just tell me I did a great job, but said things like: "you know, it's pretty amazing how smooth your voice is, it's really calming." and, "Not many people having speaking voices like that, it actually makes the room stop and listen." There was more too, but I don't remember the rest because I pretty much curled up and purred after that.
5. Long lost friends finally moving back home... welcome back Justin & Joni!!!